Thursday, April 22, 2010

Dinnertime for Madison


The twins at just under 12-months-old

I went over to my friends' place to help them move some furniture this past Saturday. They had some stuff they were no longer using that wanted to bring over to one of their parents' place. We rented a van and moved a bed, a mattress and box spring, dresser and other assorted items. After a couple of hours we returned to their place for dinner.

Before we ate I had the chance to help feed one of their two 18-month old, baby girls, Madison, her food. I'm not sure what it was. It just looked like puréed mush. Perhaps that's why it was so hard to feed her. Granted it was my first time ever feeding a baby. I'll tell you one thing... if there's anything you need it's patience. The last thing babies want to do while sitting in their high chairs is eat blended vegetables. You have to beg and plead for them to open their tiny mouths and stuff as much food in while you have the chance. Given the fact their spoons are so small it's no easy task. I was so happy when we finished the first bowl of food. I thought we were done and it was my turn to eat. I wasn't so lucky. We had two more bowls of mush to go. One bowl of corn mush and another of assorted fruit mush. Then, finally... the adults got to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment