Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sunday Lunch at Rol Jui



Every Sunday after church I head over to Chinatown for lunch. Normally it's with one or two of my other church friends depending on who shows up. We've been going to the same restaurant without fail for quite a few years now. It's called Rol Jui. Their food is decent as far as I'm concerned and since we're regulars they give us the weekday lunch special discount. You can get a plate of rice, chow mien or rice noodles with various toppings for $4.25. Plus they'll throw in a bowl of soup and the usual pot of green tea. With tax and tip it works out quite reasonably.

As well as the lovely lunch we've made friends with the waitstaff and other regular patrons. In this photo are Reggie, his sister Renu and their friend Derek. Reggie and Renu go to another nearby church. I used to see them come in and have lunch every Sunday just like our gang. Finally I went over and introduced myself. It's nice making new friends in places you never thought you would. Another benefit of being a regular at a particular eating establishment for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment