Sunday, May 8, 2016

Birthday Week


It was my birthday last week. I was privileged enough to be able to spend time with a lot of my friends. Most of it was spent doing my favourite activity - eating!

On Wednesday, Peter, took me out for fried chicken and beer at Buldak, a Korean restaurant on Yonge, north of Steeles. That was nice of him. I actually hadn't planned on doing anything that day because I worked late and didn't think I'd have time to meet up with anybody. So it was sort of a last minute thing.

On Thursday I met up with my friend, Will. We normally meet for each other's birthdays and quite often we have AYCE sushi. So, this time, I gave him a choice between that and India's Taste, a buffet restaurant on Denison Street in Markham. He chose that one. I've been there a few times and the food is both good and reasonably priced.

On Friday I met up with Gabe. We were hoping our other friend, Daphne, could join us, but she was unavailable. We picked a place Gabe had gone to in the past. It was called Café Hollywood and it serves Hong Kong-style food. There was a special where you could get a pitcher of Sapporo beer for $9.99 if you ordered 20 wings. So we had that.

On Saturday I met up with a few others from the Foodie Group. We went to a Japanese restaurant near Peter's condo called My Sushi. I didn't know it was an all-you-can-eat restaurant until I got there. Most of you know those are my favourite kind of places. So I was happy when I found out. I was also glad William and I had Indian food two nights earlier. Because, even though I like AYCE sushi, I don't need to eat it twice in just a few days.

Thanks, everyone, for being such thoughtful friends! I really appreciate your kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment