Sunday, April 24, 2016

My Wonderful Kitchen


(Now, just to be clear... this is not my actual wonderful kitchen, but a restaurant in Richmond Hill named, My Wonderful Kitchen. Because, if you know me, you know I hardly spend any time in my actual kitchen. So I certainly wouldn't know how wonderful it may or may not be.)

I met a couple of friends here after work on Wednesday. The restaurant is located on the north side of Highway 7, east of Bayview. Even though it faces Highway 7, the entrance is around back. Kind of weird, but whatever. The restaurant, itself, looks fine. Not fancy, but not too plain either.

It wasn't very busy when I got there. But it was mid-week, so it wasn't surprising. Since it was my late day... I was late. By the time I arrived my friends had already ordered and eaten. They ordered rice soup with minced pork, dried fish and oysters and fried rice noodle with beef. That's one of the dishes I normally order when I got out for lunch on Sundays after church.

I was considering noodles this time too. But, compared to Rol Jui (my Sunday lunch stop), most other places are a good deal  more costly. So I opted for beef and tomato on rice. This restaurant added a nice twist - egg. It made the tomato sauce that much thicker and creamier. Very good. We finished dinner off each with a complimentary bowl of red bean dessert soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment