Saturday, November 1, 2014

Lunch at Touhenboku


I met Gabe for lunch at Touhenbouku on Queen West on Friday. I have Fridays off so I walked downtown to meet him.

It was my first time there. I met Gabe at Osgoode station and we walked over. Gabe has gone there a few times before. It's not too far from where he works.

At lunchtime, they have a special deal. For $12 you can get a bowl of ramen (normally $10.50) with a bottle of Sapporo beer. After perusing the menu that's what we both decided to get.

I chose the original recipe ramen with pork shoulder (if I remember correctly) while Gabe chose the spicy version with pork belly. We both had the thick noodles (instead of thin).

The ramen was good. Of course it would have been better if the portion was larger. But, that's what I say about most dishes when I go out to eat. If I go again I might try the light version with clear, chicken broth instead of the rich, creamy broth I had this time.


No comments:

Post a Comment