Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Where Have I Been?


I have to apologize. It's been awhile since I've last posted. My computer died and I'm in the process of deciding what to do next.

Upon the advice of a friend I tried to repair the hard drive using the supplied Apple Install disk, but it failed. I also took it to his house so he could look at it, but he couldn't do anything either.

Next I made an appointment at the Genius Bar at the Fairview Mall Apple Store. They were very nice there. The girl who helped me tried running a few diagnostic tests and other things, but didn't get very far. She couldn't even figure out exactly what was wrong. She believes my hard drive is dead, but she can't be sure if that's the only problem.

The thing is my computer is a mid-2007 model and she said Apple doesn't repair computers that old. You have to go to one of the authorized repair stores on their website. I found one located close to me. They charge $65 for diagnostics. Hard drives start at $200. But, of course, who knows if there are any other problems?

So my options are to repair or replace. Until then I have to blog from various friends' computers. Sorry, no photos/images for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment