Monday, December 9, 2013

Black Friday


Black Friday, the day after American Thanksgiving, is known for massive discounts at cash registers of many stores south of the border. Though, in recent times, it's become popular here in Canada too.

Now, normally, I'd be off on Fridays, but I actually had to work Black Friday this year. Truth be told, I wasn't really very interested in going out to shop even if I was free.

Still, after church on Sunday, I walked over to the Eaton Centre to check out the action. Even though it's called "Black Friday" sales normally continue over a number of days (similar to Boxing Day/Week here).

To my surprise it wasn't overly crowded at the mall. I was happy about that. I checked out my usual favorites - Club Monaco, Zara and Banana Republic. As well I ventured into the GAP, Aldo and Mexx which had $15 ties and belts. If I actually wore ties or belts I would have considered picking up a couple.

Just before heading home I walked into Old Navy. I have to say I rarely shop there. Even though the prices are reasonable, I just don't think the style or quality is that great. Still, when I saw the $7 Men's Performance Fleece Logo Pullovers, I caved. Normally $25, they were too good a deal to pass up. I bought two for myself then went back and grabbed another one for my dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment