Monday, October 7, 2013

Virginia's Housewarming


Virginia invited a bunch of us over for her housewarming party. She actually had moved in a little while ago, but had been earnestly renovating. The results were very nice. Her place looked beautiful.

I carpooled with Di. We were the first to arrive besides, Denise, who came early to help prepare the food. I just brought some wine. A bottle of Jackson Triggs Merlot that I had sampled at Tony and Iris' not long ago.

I believe I knew over half the people in attendance. Most of them through gatherings at Tom and Florianne's. Though the last time was nearly a year ago at a Christmas dinner at their home.

It was good seeing everyone again. And to meet some new people. Virginia's next door neighbour came over. She was an older lady. We had a nice chat mostly about traveling. I had brought my free Shutterfly books over that I made. They had photos from my trips to Chicago, Washington, and Beijing and Cambodia.

As well I brought my nephews Smart Games, Camouflage and Airport, over. It seems like most people enjoy the challenge of trying solve the puzzles. Though, tonight, I don't believe people wanted to think too much. The games were giving them a bit too much trouble.

Anyway, the food was great. I got to try a few different types of wine (I still liked the one I brought the best). And it was nice hanging out with everyone again.

No comments:

Post a Comment