Saturday, May 11, 2013

Cherry Blossoms 2013


I went to High Park again to check out the cherry blossoms. I had gone the week before (on April 27th) and the buds were barely beginning to appear. So I didn't actually think I'd see much progress in only one week. But, I think the warmer than average temperatures spurred the blossoms along and by May 4th they were in full bloom.

I parked on the local streets west of the park. It was a big headache driving down. But, I had gotten a flat the week before while riding my bike home (from High Park) and hadn't had a chance to fix it, so I drove.

The weather was great. Of course that encouraged the throngs. The place was crawling with people. I bumped into a friend of mine, Lily. She was walking her dog when I first entered the park. We chatted briefly before I went on to go take pictures.

As usual I took quite a few shots. I'm very happy with how they turned out. It was a lovely way to spend the afternoon just relaxing, enjoying the scenery and taking pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment