Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Birthday Dinner #2


After my visit to High Park to see the cherry blossoms I quickly drove home. My friend William had planned a birthday dinner for me at what I thought was supposed to be 5:30 (but was, in fact, 5:45). We had decided to go to Ajimi, the all-you-can-eat sushi restaurant in my neighbourhood.

Will invited Dickie, Big Jon and Lawrence along. Since I got the time wrong I arrived there first with Will. Dickie and Big Jon came together, next. Lawrence was last. Late as usual. We started ordering ahead of time so we wouldn't have to wait too long for the food to come out.

It was nice having a slightly larger group. It gave me the opportunity to try more things. Normally I come here with only one other friend. So I don't get the chance to order so much. The food here is great nevertheless. And the price, $18.99 (-10% if you pay cash) for dinner is very reasonable.

Even though I see most of the guys semi-regularly, it was nice to meet up again. I'm grateful for their friendship over the years. ... Now I sort of feel old (which I suppose I am) ... Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment