Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Famoso Pizzeria


My friend Gabe and I went to Famoso Pizzeria at Yorkdale a couple of weeks ago. I had bought a $40 voucher for the restaurant from one of those discount voucher companies.

It was a decent looking place for a mall eatery. Of course Yorkdale is an upscale mall so I suppose you couldn't expect anything less.

The prices pretty much matched the swanky setting. I ordered a pepperoni and mushroom pizza for $13.75. It was supposed to be 11" across. It tasted quite good, but I'm sure you could have gotten it for less at most other places.

My friend ordered a spicy Thai pizza with chicken and bean sprouts for $14.75. I have to admit it was a little weird. I can't say I'm a big fan of bean sprouts on pizza.

To top lunch off we each had a piece of Tiramisu at $6 each. It was really tasty.

After we ate we headed over to the movie theatre there and caught Gangster Squad starring Sean Penn and Josh Brolin. It was about an off-the-record police squad organized to fight a L.A. kingpin's mob organization. Of course it was violent, but I thought it was quite entertaining nevertheless.

After the movie we still weren't done. We went to the Boston Pizza near my friend's place and watched the UFC card on the big screen television sets there. A fun day all round.

No comments:

Post a Comment