Thursday, February 21, 2013

Caribbean Bistro


Last Saturday I went to Caribbean Bistro with my friend Gabe for lunch. He was going there with his friend from work, Ron, and invited me along. Ron is from Trinidad and is always on the lookout for authentic Caribbean restaurants.

We met up at around 11:30. The restaurant is in my neck of the woods on the east side of Yonge a few blocks north of Eglinton. Since we arrived relatively early the only other person there was the proprietor, Sheila.

I don't normally eat Caribbean food, so it took me some time to peruse the menu. I have had roti before and decided on a curried beef and potato version. Gabe ordered stewed beef with a side of rice and peas and Ron had the Callaloo and beef with rice. Gabe and I each had a cup of Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee too. It was really good.

The portions were decent and the food was tasty and reasonably priced. Sheila was quite friendly and even took the time to chat a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment