Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Year's Eve @ Dickie's


Dickie and Perry organized another New Year's Eve party this year. Dickie opened up his home to everyone again. His mother made a huge tray of noodles, Perry made his yummy salmon and other people brought various food items.

The guests consisted of two main groups - The church folks from CPC and RHCCC and Sue's Mandarin-speaking friends.

The activities were pretty much the same as last year. Perry brought his Rock Band video games for the Xbox. Other people kept themselves entertained watching DVDs on Dickie's big screen TV before the countdown. And there was a ping pong table in the basement for those who were so inclined to play table tennis. New this year was a Karaoke machine upstairs that Dickie either found or was given. It was a little hard to operate so I don't believe it was used too much.

I arrived sometime after 7:00 (if I remember correctly). Dickie's place was already quite full. I discovered the Karaoke machine in the computer room when I went upstairs to change. Linda came up shortly after and we tried to figure out how to work it. We managed to sing a couple of songs before it was time for dinner.

I watched a bit of Men In Black III on DVD, but most of my time was spent playing Rock Band. I really like it. Singing is fun. So is playing the guitar and bass. The drums are more challenging, but cool too.

People dropped by throughout the evening. At midnight we probably had around 20 folks watching the countdown on CityTV.

Happy New Year, everyone! All the best in 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment