Friday, August 24, 2012

Sunday Afternoon Downtown


After church and after lunch last Sunday I went for a walk downtown with my friend Kerry. It was a bit overcast out, but that was fine. I brought my camera because I thought I'd like to do some shooting for fun.

Our first stop was Toronto City Hall. I went to check on Richard, but I didn't see him. I haven't seen him very often especially since they started the renovations around Nathan Philips Square. I hope he's doing alright. There's all sorts of construction work around the spot he usually stays at in his wheelchair.

After spending a bit of time at City Hall we walked over to the Eaton Centre. I heard on 680 News they were going to show the closing ceremony of the 2012 Olympics in London there. We found a spot in front of one of the TV sets they had set up in the food court and watched it there.

Though after returning home and watching the news I don't think that was the spot where they had the big showing. Our set was small and had no sound. It looked like they had something set up elsewhere in the mall and were giving out free cupcakes and other things to the people who gathered to watch.

It was getting a bit late by the time the closing ceremony ended. I went up to street level at Yonge Dundas Square and hung out just a little while longer with Kerry before walking back home.

I got a few good shots while I was out. Including the funny one above of Spiderman posing with people. If you gave him some spare change he would hold you and let your friend(s) take a picture. You see all sorts of interesting characters around the city in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment