Thursday, April 28, 2011

Dinner with OOTC Friends


Not my photo

I had dinner with a few friends that volunteer with me at Knox Presbyterian Church at their Out of the Cold program on Saturday. It took us a while to organize. As you know, with any large group it's quite difficult to co-ordinate everyone's schedules.

We met up at around 5:30 p.m. at Cho Won, a Korean restaurant at Yonge and Drewry (a few blocks north of Finch). I picked Sam, Marcel and Choho up at the TTC passenger pick up at Finch Station. Yonni took Joseph and Pattra and her friend Emily and one other girl. Daphne came on her own a bit late. Since we had 10 people we split into two tables. I sat with Sam, Choho and Daphne.

Since I can't handle spicy food I ordered something for myself. I had Bibimbap without adding any hot sauce. Bibimbap is a mixture of vegetables and beef, topped with a sunny side up egg. You have it with rice. Sam and Choho each had spicy dishes.

After dinner a few of the guys had to split. The rest of us went downtown to Aroma Espresso Bar at Bloor and Bathurst for a hot beverage. It was Yonni's suggestion. Sometimes she goes there with her friends after church on Sunday to grab a bite.

It's a pretty nice place inside. Quite a few people go there to hang out with friends or with a date. It was fairly busy when we were there.

We pushed a couple of tables together for the seven of us that were left. Everyone had something different to drink. I had a yummy hot chocolate while others had coffee and tea and everything else in between. We sat and sipped our beverages and enjoyed one another's company for the next little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment