Saturday, April 2, 2011

Dinner at Spring Rolls



This is a photo of my mango crème brûlée that was part of our Spring Rolls "Meal Deal". For $20 you could have your choice of appetizer, main course and dessert. Depending on your picks it wasn't too bad a deal.

Still, I was kind of torn. I had a hankering for red curry with either chicken or beef on rice. But, it wasn't one of the main courses offered. After humming and hawing over it for awhile I finally decided to go for the deal.

For our appetizers we picked some Maki rolls. One with salmon, the other with beef. It was a bit odd because both meats were cooked. I've never had Maki with cooked meat. It wasn't very traditional at all. I can't say I was a big fan of the taste.

For my main course I picked a dish with shrimp. It was supposed to come with Pad Thai noodles, but when it came it had rice. Being the easygoing person that I am, I ate it without complaint. If it's not something I totally dislike I see no reason in sending it back and having them prepare something else. It just seems like such a waste (which is something I really have a problem with).

Our main courses were fine. My friend had something similar to me. It too had shrimp on rice. But, hers had jumbo shrimp (compared to my "shrimpy" shrimp) and snow peas as well.

We both ordered the same dessert, mango crème brûlée. The only other choice of desserts was a mango pudding if I remember correctly. In fact the crème brûlée seemed like a mango pudding, only with the crusted sugar top.

Overall I still think the deal was fine. I'd consider getting it again if I go back (and they still have it). That probably won't be for a long time though. Because I have a yen for sushi now. And I'll have to satisfy that first.

No comments:

Post a Comment