Thursday, June 3, 2010

Me and my Friends



This is an old photo of me and my church friends taken back in 1997 when we went out to eat at Memories of Japan in Don Mills. I got it from my friend, Will, who is seated third from the right. The rest of the group, starting from the left are - Jan, Will's sister, Anna, me, Will, Vince's now wife, Linda, and Vince.

Will and I met up for my birthday dinner at the beginning of May at Imperial Buffet in Scarborough. I met with Vince and Linda and Jan and his wife Amy this past weekend for a late birthday lunch at Yang's on Hwy. 7. We often do that... celebrate birthdays up to a month late. Those guys are busier now with family obligations. It's not always easy to coordinate time together.

Lunch was good. It was AYCE sushi. I like Yang's. The service is quick and I think it's reasonably priced. After lunch I headed over to Vince and Linda's place. Vince and I hung out on their back patio under the shade of a canopy drinking orange juice and catching up on what was going on in our lives and talking about how our parents were doing. It was like the old days again. When we were younger we used to play hockey together and often I would go over to his parents' place afterwards and just hang out and chat. It's been awhile since we've done that I have to say. It was really nice to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment