Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Jeff's Blogservations



"Every blogger wants to have readers. That’s why we’re here. Me, I want to express myself, and I like to get a response. Otherwise, I’d just keep a journal." - http://www.godammit.com/

How true is that? For me it is anyway. And I suppose it's the same for many other bloggers. We enjoy writing our blogs, but we're most gratified when we know other people are reading them too. Whether they like what we say or not; agree with what we've written or think we're completely off our rocker. It doesn't matter. We need our fix. And our fix is knowing our well thought out narratives are being eagerly ingested by others.

On a different note... here are a few Blogservations I've recently made.

As mentioned before, I've recently been looking through peoples' blogs trying to find interesting ones to follow. One blogservation (blog observation) I made was what people of different age ranges tended to write about. For girls under 20, it tends to be boy bands and how they hate school. For young ladies from 20-35, it changes to fashion, design and art. For women over 35, they blog about food/recipes and/or their family life. You know, I had no idea food was such a popular topic to write about.

Another category that's quite popular is the travel blogger. Those are the ones I like following the most. There are certain places in the world that fascinate me to no end. Some I've been to, others I've yet to see. Following these blogs keeps the fire burning in me to eventually travel there (either for the first time, or yet again). I love seeing their photos and hearing of their exploits in exploring foreign lands and discovering new cultures. Besides getting ideas of what you might want to see, you gather insightful analysis of what may make your trip safer, easier or more pleasant.

So, if you find I'm following your blog, these might be one of the reasons why. And, if you're reading this, and you're not currently a follower of mine I'd love to have you aboard. Choo-choo!

No comments:

Post a Comment