Saturday, October 24, 2009

Wow...wow...wow...




Living on the 3rd floor of a condo along a main drag of a big city can have it's disadvantages. It's busy, noisy and crowded with lots of traffic at all hours of the day. Today, though, I discovered one of its pluses. If you're lucky enough, it provides a great vantage point for viewing cool cars. I was working on my computer and just so happened to look out the window at the right time. When I did I saw this fantastic looking car the likes of which I'd never seen before. Being so heavily congested it was stuck in one place for awhile waiting for the traffic lights to change. Seeing that, it gave me enough time to run for my camera, change the lens and snap a few photos. I have to say my settings were all wrong unfortunately. The last time I shot was indoors in a low light situation. My ISO was set at 800 and shutter speed at 1/50th of a second. No matter, my camera adjusted itself well enough to get some reasonably decent shots. I tried to readjust the settings again and take a few more, but by that time the car was gone.

I did some research on the internet afterwards. After zooming in on the front wheel I recognized that the logo was from Nissan. So I visited their website and found out the car in question was a Nissan GT-R. This mechanical marvel has a 3.8 Litre twin-turbo charged, 24-valve, V6 engine that pumps out an astounding 485 horsepower. It's top speed is an incredible 310 km/h (193 mph) and it'll take you from 0-100 km/h (0-60 mph) in a heart pounding 3.3 seconds (according to the Motor Trend and Edmunds Inside Line reviews). Of course, when driving it in the city you 'd probably average closer to 15 km/h. That's fine. It's an awesome looking car that looks fast even sitting still. And with a starting price of $98,900 (Cdn) it had better be impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment