Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Where is Everybody Going?


It's true. A lot of people I know are going away/have left. First Robert passed away. Now our long-time church secretary, Loletta, is leaving us. And, worse... she's jumping to the "competition", TCBC, the Baptist church down the street. May 29th was her last Sunday at church. If we ever want to bug her I guess we can walk 5 minutes down the street to cheer her up.

As well, one of our regular waitresses at Rol Jui left. I'm not exactly sure when. But we hadn't seen her in 2-3 weeks. Willy, Wilson and I go there almost every week for lunch after church. The circumstances of her disappearance are mysterious. We're not exactly sure what happened.

Lastly, the long time hostess at Edo, Karen, is leaving. She's moving to New York City. Karen had the nicest smile. Whenever I delivered hot towels to their Eglinton location she'd be there to greet me and sign the delivery slip. In early 2016, they had a fire and she was relocated to their Bayview Village location. I didn't see her for quite some time then.

On Sunday, May 29th, after bowling, I went to the South St. Burger at Bayview Village with Willy and John to grab a bite. I decided to drop by Edo to say, hi, to the girls. That's when Karen told me she was leaving. Friday, June 3rd would be her last day. What a shock. Everyone's going, all at the same time. I'm glad I was able to say, good-bye, beforehand.

No comments:

Post a Comment