Sunday, January 24, 2016

Another One Bites the Dust


It's happened again. Though I have to say, these days, it doesn't seem so unusual. Another restaurant near me has folded. This time it was the Spring Rolls right across the street from me.

I walked past last night and noticed a "For Lease" sign in the darkened window. When I asked my roommate's roommate, he said it closed three weeks ago at the beginning of the year. I really haven't been paying attention.

I must admit I rarely ate there. Perhaps two or three times. Before that, when it was a Hooters, I only went in once (when my friend, Viola, called me to rescue her. But that's another story).

That particular location has seen many restaurants come and go. One of it's previous incarnations was a Lime Rickey's. We used to go there every now and then when we were younger.

The restaurant business is tough. Especially over the past year or so with our stalled economy. People are more careful with their money. Restaurants are dropping like flies. It's a vicious circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment