Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Walk with Cortina



My friend, Cortina, came to visit from Hong Kong last week. She actually came to attend her niece's graduation ceremony so she took the opportunity to visit me and some of her university classmates.

I was considering going down to the Taste of Little Italy along College near Bathurst, but was afraid of the crowds. It's normally quite busy down there for the event, but with the World Cup of soccer going on I knew it would even be worse. Especially since the Italy versus England match would be showing at the time. So we decided to avoid the area and go for a walk somewhere else instead.

I chose Colonel Danforth Park. I had gone there last fall and it was nice. The path is flat and paved which was probably more suited to the footwear Cortina had.

Colonel Danforth Park is located off Kingston Road and the 401. After you exit the 401 you head west on Kingston Road then turn south on Highland Creek Overpass and then take a left on Colonel Danforth Trail. That takes you to Highland Creek Drive which is the road into the park.

We arrived in late afternoon. I had a dentist appointment beforehand. The trail wasn't overly busy, so that was nice.

Of course I brought my camera. So that slowed things down a bit as I stopped to take pictures every now and then. That's why I often like going on outings on my own or with other photographers so I don't feel as guilty for going slowly.

The hike was pretty short. I believe it took under an hour each way from our starting point at the parking lot to Lake Ontario and back. Still it was a lovely way to spend the afternoon. Any time spent outdoors on a relatively warm and sunny day is great. Especially considering the long, brutal winter we had.

We finished the day off with dinner at Aji Sai. It's an all-you-can-eat sushi restaurant on Bayview south of the 407.

No comments:

Post a Comment