Sunday, September 29, 2013

Steve's Birthday at Montana's


My friend, Steve, celebrated his birthday recently. A mutual friend, Bobby, organized a dinner at Montana's Cookhouse at Don Mills and Steeles for him.

Most of the attendees were from Steve's Richmond Hill Christian Community Church fellowship. As well, there were a few of us stragglers; friends of friends like me, Dickie and Big Jon.

Since I don't see the RHCCC gang very often I decided not to sit with Dickie and Big Jon. Not that I don't like hanging out with them. I just wanted to mix things up a bit. So I sat at one of the far tables. I'm not sure of the name of the girl I was sitting beside. But, later on Sam and his wife Aileen sat by me. And Pastor Fred sat opposite me when he came. So I got to chat with those guys.

My dinner was fine. I had penne with chicken. Aileen and Sam shared a steak. It looked almost raw. She ordered it medium-rare. And she said it was a bit tough. So she wasn't too happy about that. Fred had soup. He had already eaten beforehand.

I went around to take pictures for Steve. He e-mailed me earlier about doing that. Of course, Dickie and Big Jon had their cameras too. We're always snapping away at different events. I tried to take my photos early so I could put my camera away and concentrate on eating and mingling with people. But, I had to take it back out for the cake presentation and opening of gifts and things. Oh well. That's typical for an event photographer. You never get a chance to rest at all.

It was nice seeing everyone again. I don't get a chance to see the Richmond Hill gang too often. We did go out on a Sandwich Run not too long ago. The previous meeting was probably Steve's birthday one year earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment