Monday, November 19, 2012

Old Friends


My friends Jim and Marilyn invited me over to their house up in Markham for dinner on the weekend. One of our friends, Ling, who now lives in Hong Kong was visiting for a few days. So they decided to round up the gang of former CPCers (Toronto Chinese Presbyterian Church) for a get together.

Our particular group formed during our college years through the Genesis fellowship there. That was more than 25 years ago. Over that time most people drifted to different corners of the city/country or even globe. I'm actually the only one who still attends CPC. Everyone else is gone.

The majority of us still live in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area). Ling was the only one who left the country. Monica moved west to B.C. where she resided for a number of years. She recently returned to Ontario with her husband and kids at the beginning of the 2012. So it was nice seeing her too.

Even though most of them don't live that far from me I rarely see them anymore. I suppose it could be the fact that they're involved with church and family life. Most of them have young children which, I'm sure, keeps them quite busy.

Anyway, it was great to have the chance to meet up with everyone again. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment