Thursday, December 1, 2011

Farewell to Tae Hoon



We had dinner at Tony and Iris' place today. It was in honour of Iris' brother Tae Hoon who was here studying English in Toronto. He'll be returning home to Korea on Wednesday.

After Tae Hoon, Tony and Iris, I was the next person there. I arrived half an hour after the stated starting time so I was surprised no one else came before me. I guess starting at 4:00 p.m. was a bit early for most people.

Ying came next. I let both her and Tae Hoon play the Camouflage and Airport games I grabbed from my nephews. They're puzzle games that I often bring to gatherings. People really like playing them.

Mike arrived at 6:00. We started dinner shortly after. Tony and Iris had made a lot of wonderful food (like they always do). Along with rice, vegetables and salad, there was a Korean boiled pork dish and soup. It was all very good.

Andrew showed up while we were eating and we saved John some food after he arrived at 7:30. He had been delayed by a detour on the subway he was taking. They were doing some track work there.

All in all it was a lovely evening. We played my nephews' games. We chatted a bit and listened to Christmas music on the radio. Tony and Iris had a crackling, fireplace video on their television set. And the wee Christmas tree they bought from Canadian Tire on Sunday was twinkling beside it.

No comments:

Post a Comment