Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Flickr.com Meet Up



I went to my first Flickr.com meet up last night. One of my Flickr friends, Philip, (PiscesDreamer) from Vancouver suggested I go. It was organized by one of his friends here, Georgette.

We met at the Cadillac Lounge out on Queen West, just west of Dufferin. In all I'd say about 15-20 people showed up at various stages throughout the night. For the longest time Georgette was the only girl. But, I think one other girl showed up eventually to keep her company.

I got there right at the start time of 6:30 p.m. There were already three guys there having their beers. I can't remember the one fellow's name who had the Rolleicord camera. But, the other two were Mark and Paul. Mark does some underwater photography and Paul loves F1 race cars. He shot some of the Toronto Honda Indy when it was here recently.

Georgette was a lovely host. She's very friendly and outgoing. I'm sure I'll try to meet up with the gang another time in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment