Friday, May 14, 2010

Harrison Richard.



I was at the OOTC volunteer appreciation dinner last Tuesday at Knox. We have it at the beginning of May every year right after the season finishes. Vicki and Bill will prepare a meal for the volunteers that helped out over the winter to show their thanks.

This year I sat at a table with Darlene and her sewing buddy, Max. As well there was a girl (who's name escapes me) and Kara. Another girl whose name I've also forgotten joined us late (I'm sooo bad).

Kara had recently become an aunt. Her brother's wife had given birth to a lovely baby boy they named Jack. She brought pictures of him to share with the rest of us. He's pretty good looking for a newborn. Not too pink or wrinkly like most kids that age.

Anyway, Kara told us a hilarious story about how they named him. Jack wasn't the original name they had chosen for her nephew. It was supposed to be Harrison which sounds pretty cool as far as I'm concerned. They were going to give him the middle name Richard (which was supposed to have some historical family significance if I remember correctly). But, after some contemplation they realized it might not be such a good combination. I have to wholeheartedly agree...

...Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment